Welcome to the LCLL Blog

Welcome to Loving Christ, Loving Life! My name is Patrick Schultz. I serve as pastor for Franksville United Methodist Church in Franksville WI. I've been blogging for a number of years now. In this forum I want to reach out to a new group of people - readers of blogs. My writings are intended to share thoughts and insight with you. Hopefully you will find this of some value.

I invite you to email me with thoughts, correspondence or insight of your own at Pastor@Franksvilleumc.org.

May God's blessing be with you.

Patrick

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Father's Day Present Early

This Memorial Day weekend I had a 'date' with my five year old daughter Gracie.  Sunday afternoon we left for mall shopping.  We spent much of our time going up and down the escalator in Sears, looking for fingernail polish for Grace, and some Packer wear for papa.

We had dinner at our one of our favorite restaurants in Janesville and then checked into a hotel for an evening of swimming.

That night we had prayer time while looking out the hotel window at the nighttime lights.  I read to her from the OT Habakkuk, which I'm contemplating a message from.  She read to me a story she had written and illustrated.  By 9:00 pm the lights were out and we were snoozing.

Monday morning we were up early, lazing about, watching some cartoons, reading our Calvin and Hobbes book and then back in the pool before checking out.  Before we headed back home we managed a bit more shopping and then lunch at the Milton Family Restaurant.

The thing about having this time away with Gracie was, there were no interruptions, no deadlines to meet, nothing that really had to be done.  It was like a mini-vacation together without all the hassle of packing a car full of stuff and then not being able to find what you thought you packed, only to realize you left it at home anyway!

Gracie and I agreed to do this every year (at least until she gets old enough to date boys - this is what she told me anyway!)

One of the most important relationships in our life is that between parent and child.  Dads take some time to spend with your children - just you and them.  It's the best Father's Day gift you'll ever receive.

No comments: