Welcome to the LCLL Blog

Welcome to Loving Christ, Loving Life! My name is Patrick Schultz. I serve as pastor for Franksville United Methodist Church in Franksville WI. I've been blogging for a number of years now. In this forum I want to reach out to a new group of people - readers of blogs. My writings are intended to share thoughts and insight with you. Hopefully you will find this of some value.

I invite you to email me with thoughts, correspondence or insight of your own at Pastor@Franksvilleumc.org.

May God's blessing be with you.

Patrick

Friday, July 25, 2014

In honor of Kristina Laura May Schultz

Our first daughter - born at 6 months and received home by God.  I wrote this and read it as part of the funeral service.

A Blessing to Our Father

How obscured has been our sight
When on the path we pause;
Stumbling in the darkened night
Unable to see the cause.

How precious is your gracious love
Your Son you did commit,
The Word that was with you, O God. 
This is the light that comes to us
The darkness banished before it.

Jesus Christ, the Lamb of Life
Protects and loves his children.
The Lamb of God who lights the way
Guides us on those darkened days.

Give us grace, ease and comfort
In our sorrow, hope and faith. 
Let your tender love, doth guide us; 
Guide us to you every day. 
Our heavenly savior, Jesus Christ,
We pray.


                                                                                                Patrick Schultz

No comments: