Welcome to the LCLL Blog

Welcome to Loving Christ, Loving Life! My name is Patrick Schultz. I serve as pastor for Franksville United Methodist Church in Franksville WI. I've been blogging for a number of years now. In this forum I want to reach out to a new group of people - readers of blogs. My writings are intended to share thoughts and insight with you. Hopefully you will find this of some value.

I invite you to email me with thoughts, correspondence or insight of your own at Pastor@Franksvilleumc.org.

May God's blessing be with you.

Patrick

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pastor's Top Ten List

I recently had shoulder surgery - last week as a matter of fact. During my invalid time I reflected on all the things I was no longer able to do. I hadn't realized how hampered I would be without the use of my right arm. Simple things like getting dressed, brushing teeth, going to the bathroom, reading a book, lifting a gallon of milk, opening the fridge door - all things I might use my right hand/arm for were now a challenge. As I pondered I began to put a list together of things I could still do even though I had no right hand/arm...

Pastor's Top Ten list of things you can still do directly following shoulder surgery:

10. Laying around on the couch for two days - works just fine!

9. You may not be able to do push-ups or any other type of exercise, but you can still wear your sweats and a holy t-shirt.

8. You can still root for the Packers - one hand or no hands!

7. The remote control works with either right or left hand!

6. You may not be able to brush your teeth with your right hand anymore, but if you wear your safety goggles while brushing with your left - you won't poke your eye out!

5. You cannot hit 200+ yard drives from the T anymore, but you can t-up a little plastic golf ball and watch your daughter hit it around the living room with her plastic driver.

4. While you cannot give your wife a full two-armed hug, you can do a pretty good job with one arm.

3. You cannot pick up a thirty-two pound, two-year old little girl, but you can revel in the tons of hugs and kisses you get from that very same thirty-two pound, two-year old little girl.

2. Although you cannot take out the trash, you can still tell your wife - honey, I think the trash needs to go out...

1. You may not be able to lift the Bible with two hands, but you can still pray and worship the Lord - the knees still work!

No comments: