Welcome to the LCLL Blog

Welcome to Loving Christ, Loving Life! My name is Patrick Schultz. I serve as pastor for Franksville United Methodist Church in Franksville WI. I've been blogging for a number of years now. In this forum I want to reach out to a new group of people - readers of blogs. My writings are intended to share thoughts and insight with you. Hopefully you will find this of some value.

I invite you to email me with thoughts, correspondence or insight of your own at Pastor@Franksvilleumc.org.

May God's blessing be with you.

Patrick

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Storm Relief - How We Can Help

May God bless you today! It's a beautiful day. The sun is shining in my office window. The green plants on my sill are growing. I see the birds outside and I hear children's laughter in the room next to me (our preschool in full swing!). Today I am counting my blessings as I read about, think about, and pray for those who have been impacted by devestating tornadoes last week. Eighteen states from as far west as Texas to as far north as New York and Michigan experienced tornado activity between April 21 and 28th. Many states in the Midwest and South are experiencing destructive flooding. Alabama took the brunt of that storm system, which left a total of at least 300 people dead across six states: Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, and Virginia. Here is my question for you: How can we help?

I'd like to ask you to be a part of the relief effort by:
1) Praying. Pray for the people and communities that have been hit by the storms. Lift up the emergency response and relief workers who will be assisting them.

2) Donating. This weekend, in both our 9am and 10:30am services, we will take a special envelope offering which will go directly to UMCOR #3021326 which is specifically for spring storm relief. If you are able to set aside any extra money for this effort, it will be greatly appreciated. If you are not a regular attender of our church services but would like to give toward this relief effort you can do so one of two ways:
a) Send a check to Milton UMC, PO Box 158, Milton WI 53563 and label it for UMCOR #3021326.
b) Or you can go directly to UMCOR's website and donate through their on-line donations at: http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umcor/

3) Serving. We do not have any mission teams, or relief teams, (from our church) going to serve in any of the affected areas at this time. However, if you are interested in going in the near future, or being a part of a mission relief team to help rebuild in any of the affected areas please contact our church at 608-868-2860. Ask for Pastor Patrick Schultz. We would love to be a part of actively helping those in need, in their time of need, in a way that God calls us.

UMCOR is the United Methodist Committee on Relief. One hundred percent of your gift to 2011 Spring Storms, UMCOR Emergency Advance #3021326, brings hope to survivors of these devastating storms.

For more information on our church please check out www.miltonumc.org

Thank you all, and bless you.

Patrick

No comments: