Welcome to the LCLL Blog

Welcome to Loving Christ, Loving Life! My name is Patrick Schultz. I serve as pastor for Franksville United Methodist Church in Franksville WI. I've been blogging for a number of years now. In this forum I want to reach out to a new group of people - readers of blogs. My writings are intended to share thoughts and insight with you. Hopefully you will find this of some value.

I invite you to email me with thoughts, correspondence or insight of your own at Pastor@Franksvilleumc.org.

May God's blessing be with you.

Patrick

Friday, August 12, 2011

God of Wonders


A week or two ago I listened to a thunder and lightening storm roll in. I watched the lightening stream through the sky. I heard the thunder rumbling in the heavens. I felt the raindrops pelting down. And I wondered at the wonder of God’s might. Several weeks ago, as I drove through the Bad Lands in South Dakota, I wondered at the creative, majestic, might of God. And I was drawn to the words of Psalm 8:

“O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth! When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and stars that you have established; what are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them?”


It is amazing that in all of God’s creation we (you and I and all humanity) are placed first before all else. It is equally amazing that God continues to stand by his creation, loving and caring, forgiving and shedding grace – even when we so little deserve it. Today, I give thanks for all God has given us. The beauty of this world and all its majesty. The beauty of the people around me. The boundless love and grace our God shares through Jesus Christ.

Take some time this week, my friends, to wonder at the wonder of God’s might and creation around us! Blessings to you and see you on Sunday!

Patrick

No comments: