Welcome to the LCLL Blog

Welcome to Loving Christ, Loving Life! My name is Patrick Schultz. I serve as pastor for Franksville United Methodist Church in Franksville WI. I've been blogging for a number of years now. In this forum I want to reach out to a new group of people - readers of blogs. My writings are intended to share thoughts and insight with you. Hopefully you will find this of some value.

I invite you to email me with thoughts, correspondence or insight of your own at Pastor@Franksvilleumc.org.

May God's blessing be with you.

Patrick

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Helping Hands


Earlier this week we had an early evening visitor – a man making a journey to the east coast.  He had been in the Appleton area of Wisconsin for some time.  He was a victim in 9/11 and for various reasons moved to Wisconsin following that.  As he was journeying back to the east coast he needed some help – in this case he needed gas to make it to his next stop.  I went to the gas station with him and filled up his car.  We had a pleasant talk, both at the church and while standing at the pumps.  At this time he has no real home.  He has no work.  And he suffers from both physical and emotional problems stemming from 9/11.  As I lay in bed that night, remembering the experiences he shared with me, I thought to myself how fortunate I am.  Here I’m in a warm bed, of a nice home, with family close by.  My health is pretty good.  My finances are in good shape.  I’m involved in serving the Lord through serving this church and community.  I have it pretty good! 

I appreciate this opportunity to be reminded of my blessings and will pray for this man and others who struggle in life or experience catastrophic changes.  And in the meantime, I am proud to be a part of a church that wants to serve the community and beyond in mission and ministry.  Folks – let’s never lose sight of the many ways we can help those in need.

No comments: