Welcome to the LCLL Blog

Welcome to Loving Christ, Loving Life! My name is Patrick Schultz. I serve as pastor for Franksville United Methodist Church in Franksville WI. I've been blogging for a number of years now. In this forum I want to reach out to a new group of people - readers of blogs. My writings are intended to share thoughts and insight with you. Hopefully you will find this of some value.

I invite you to email me with thoughts, correspondence or insight of your own at Pastor@Franksvilleumc.org.

May God's blessing be with you.

Patrick

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Faithful Giving

I’d like to extend a special 'thank you' to the folks of Milton and especially the families on Chicago Street and High Street. Each Friday following Thanksgiving Day I hand deliver a personalized letter asking families to fill a grocery bag (which I provide thanks to Jason at the Piggly Wiggly) with non-perishable food and toiletry items. I deliver the letter to about 45-50 homes. In my message I say that I will pick up and deliver these items to the Milton Food Pantry the following Friday.

Each year my “city block community” responds faithfully and helps provide for the families of our community who are in need. This year was no different! On December 2nd I picked up 23 bags of groceries and assorted items, including one very large box. I dropped these items off at the Milton Food Pantry. In four years this city block community has given over 95-105 bags and boxes of food, toiletries, and assorted stuff! What a blessing!

Thanksgiving and Christmas are a time of celebration and rejoicing, gifts and big meals, family gatherings and more. Yet many in our community are feeling the pinch of the economy and may not celebrate with big meals because the cupboards are bare. The gifts may not be as plentiful as one would like. Some may not have family to share with. Yet because of the generosity of the community, and people like you, we can help.

This Advent and Christmas season I’d like you to give thought and prayer to where you might be able to help out someone in need. Do you know a family that won’t have a Christmas meal? Someone who is staying home, by him or herself, at Christmas? Someone who needs to hear the message of Jesus Christ and the peace and grace a personal relationship with Christ brings? How can you help? Who can you invite to worship with you?

Blessings to you my friends. I’ll see you on Sunday!

No comments: