Welcome to the LCLL Blog

Welcome to Loving Christ, Loving Life! My name is Patrick Schultz. I serve as pastor for Franksville United Methodist Church in Franksville WI. I've been blogging for a number of years now. In this forum I want to reach out to a new group of people - readers of blogs. My writings are intended to share thoughts and insight with you. Hopefully you will find this of some value.

I invite you to email me with thoughts, correspondence or insight of your own at Pastor@Franksvilleumc.org.

May God's blessing be with you.

Patrick

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Gift of An Eraser

This Sunday we continue sharing the gifts God has blessed us with by opening The Gift of An Eraser. Do you remember playing those games as a child and someone would call out, ‘Do Over!’. We need a do over! And all the children, some grumbling but most eagerly accepting would do just that – do it over. Whatever was done incorrectly, whatever mistake had been made was erased. As if it had never happened.

Don’t you wish you could do that in real life? I said something I didn’t mean to – oops, do over! I made a huge mistake – do over! In reality we can’t always have a do over. There are consequences for our actions that we need to take in to consideration and live out. Ideally, we take those consequences in mind, before saying or doing or responding to a situation… but we don’t always do that.

Yet we can be a part of wiping the slate clean and starting over, letting go, forgetting and moving on. This is an important part of our relationships with one another and with God. Christ teaches we are to forgive 70 times 7 the one who has hurt, offended, or disappointed us. As important as this is, we must learn to forgive ourselves as well. Do not carry the weight of past mistakes on your shoulders. Let them go. Christ forgives you. You can forgive you.

Blessings to you my friends,

Patrick

No comments: